June 14, 2008

Darling Damsel


For past many months I have been trying to wheedle my preschooler to transition out from the crib to a normal bed. All our life together, which would be last three and a half years, all the battles of innocence and actuality have been bargained with reason. I am never afraid of her climbing out but every night it’s a quandary for me to fence her in as, seeing such prudence, I feel she should have every opportunity to come out or go in the bed when she feels right. But every time I brought the subject, she would say I love my crib. So past many weeks we have been having conversations about how she is growing up and can do things independently. And tonight was the big night, she is sleeping in the toddler bed and will be waking up in a place where she can open her room’s door and come to Mamma & Daddy for the morning hug :-)

Growing up is a very hard thing to do and its such a pleasure and pain for parents to witness the childhood unfolding and becoming a person who is trying to fit in the expectations of the world.

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations!
    You did the right thing not "trapping" her in there. If she knows she can come to you guys any time she wants to, believe me, she will love to stay in her own bed!:)
    I have a 17yrs old girl just got her perm driving license this morning. Although I am happy, I am sure to have a tummy ache the day starts driving to college this Fall, alone this time! HELP, growing up and away too! ;D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Asha, I can so feel your pain and pleasure. Its so difficult for us parents to grow up with the kids :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my blog. Your comments are welcome and appreciated