June 03, 2008

I am bloated today

Oh yes, bloated as in like a big fat balloon but I am not looking for a remedy. Bloating makes me happy, very happy coz I am bloated with pride. Past saturday, I was in the New England Aquarium with Saumya. We cruised our way through the sharks, sea urchins, blue frogs, electric eels. By the way, this aquarium happens to house the biggest turtles I have ever seen, they are called Sea Turtles. Like a good , ifnormation sharing guide, I was telling my 3 and a half year old daughter that they are called "Sea Turtles", now keeping in mind her age and the "why" phase she is going through, I was expecting the questions she came up. "why are they "See Turtles"?" Ahem.....but before I say because they live in the sea , she said oh because we can SEE them!! Well after spending 2 hours walking through the dark giant rooms I was not in the mood to explain a difference of SEA and SEE right then. So like a polite audiance I soaked in the joke and laughed and laughed my way out the aquarium :-)
Now we were in the store trying to find something nice. We picked up a puzzle with a minimum age of 5 coz I didn't find anything else which was meaningful to spend $15 on.
Saumya was very excited about the puzzle and wanted to do it the moment we reached back home. We were all so exhausted and were trying to look for excuses but hey a moment later I heard her "Mamma I got it, I am already doing it" !!!!! Hello its a puzzle for a kid who is more then 5 years old and you are 3 and a half. I went to watch her and then I just kept on watching the progress.
Its a mosaic puzzle with very tiny faom squares cut in the squares. They need to be pasted on a picture which has squares on it and the faom colors are number coded. Squares with number one will have red pieces, number 2 orange, 3 yellow, 4 blue, 5 green, 6 purple and 7 black. No one explained her all this. She opened the box, figured all the pieces and turned the box a few time which had the color chart and got going!





The workstation.




Very Busy




Fish, one part done. She spent one whole Sunday doing this. Love the dedication. It still needed the water part around the fish but it was time for bed.



Monday morning, first thing after the bath. The fish needs water or it will die :-)

Proud Girl!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by my blog. Your comments are welcome and appreciated