June 04, 2008

Kindle your passion

So people who know me know my love for reading and my husband knows it way too well. He used to gift me books of 400 pages or so and would write inside "Hoping to keep you entertained for a while" but then at the end of three or so days I would say I have nothing to read :-). All done with that one? yes, all done with that one.Thats our usual conversation around my reading habit. But lately, I am getting too engrossed in "Being a mom" role and all I am doing is planning activities for our preschooler or doing those activities with her. So Husband dear asked me few nights back how come he doesn't see me reading much these days.You used o read so much , you love books so much, I love it that you read but now it ain't happening much. I read! Like what? Parenting magazine and ummmm I have a book half way through, Unaccustomed Earth and yes it is a great book but I am not getting around it.
So anyways darling, my birthday is coming up and I was thinking , and I am thinking ok by bringing up my love of books he was trying to make a case for something that he wants me to gift him on his birthday. Ok mister, I got ya. Spill it. What is it that you want, I would have given it even if you didn't embarrass me by telling that my reading id dying!!Hunh, so much for love these days!

Kindle, I want Kindle on my birthday. Its a cool new electronic reading device by Amazon. Now I understand that every guy out there loves electronics the way girls love handbags. They want the best and the latest. But I am preplexed here becuase he doesn't even read paper so why is this on his wishlist? Hey, you don't read, incase you missed that part! I am not gifting you a $400 electronic thingy just to brag about! Now see there comes the love that I could not see. No, I want it for you to have it on my birthday!!!! It would give me so much pleasure that my wifey is using the latest technology all the while "kindling" her passion of reading. Its techinically for me coz I want latest tech in my house but you will use it coz you are a reader. Serves both of us.

I should have said no coz its his birthday and he should gt a present but I should give my husband what he asks for atleast on his birthday, call it greed justfied and we ordered it and its arriving today. Oh by the way, his birthday is still two months away!!

I love to be loved so much!!

Any of you out there is a Kindle User?

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous9:58 PM

    Hey, nice post. I liked the one with the puzzles as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Call me old fashioned i still prefer the old fashioned books (thats made out of trees). I feel it as less distracting (at least for ADHDer like me) than a gadget.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my blog. Your comments are welcome and appreciated