June 30, 2008

In the groove

Remember that funny feeling in your stomach you got when you felt obligated to participate in something which you were not sure of but the circumstances brought you to the scene but as you got in the groove it turned out to be quite a gratifying experience! Last swimming class where our preschooler showed enough brevity and did what the coach asked her to. For the whole weekend, we kept on hearing "Mamma, I didn't play there, I did what the teacher told me to". Is she just doing it to please us and the teacher? Every mom out there knows that our breed is quick to take blame and feel the guilt. No matter how rational we are , once it comes to our offsprings dealing with difficult situation we try to find reasons, solutions, escapes and in the end we coax ourselves to a trip down the guiltville and then we look for a saviour to rescue us and reassure us that we are good mothers.

Today's swimming class liberated me from the cerebral plight. I could see that my daughter wasn't obligating anyone, she was simply having fun. Walking on water, blowing bubbles, coming down the slide, holding hands with friends and playing ring around the rosies. Delight was written all over her face, her body movements were exhibiting the inner joy she was tasting.



I am back from guiltville now.Well who am I kidding, don't worry my fellow moms I will see you there in a bit while you make your trips back and forth and we look for another groove.

3 comments:

  1. u on Facebook?

    -Mads

    ReplyDelete
  2. See, she got it now!:)
    One thing I tell ya, when she starts school she will learn quickly how to please because that's what most teachers want! Zombies for kids! Girls adapt quickly, not boys!!
    My son who was an angel in the elementary has become rebel without a cause in Middle school! Hopefully, he calms down in HS in few yrs!:P

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are right on the money Asha, I was seeing that when the coach asked them to do something, the kids were abke to speak their mind like oe said no, I won't blow bubbles,, it bothers me! I remember I did whatever I could to get praises from my teachers but it was a relief to see kids speaking up for themselves and be comfortable with what they are.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my blog. Your comments are welcome and appreciated