June 12, 2008

Prejudice?

I am an avid reader, reading brings me at ease,it plays with my mind, it lets see me be in places where I will never be physically. It helps me in escaping the mayhem of life and lets me be lost in another world. My mind visualises every scene while reading as clearly as watching a movie, that certainly makes me enjoy the book more but in fact it sometimes makes difficult to carry on when the scenes are too depressing!! It helps me get in the psyche of various characters and enables me with the spirit to understand the reasons for people's actions. Though I usually am not looking for reading buddies but anyone who respects my reading becomes my instant friend. There is one book which has been reccomended to me many a times by different people and even after getting it home from the library I didn't read it. I had a prejudice against it. Its written by Jane Austen and is a classic. I always thought it to be a book boring to the death of it. Pride and Prejudice.If you have read it, lets hear a review! I guess some book along the way, helped me break the barrier of who knows what and I have bought the Kindle edition and will be starting tonite.

What are you reading or breaking? Barrier that is!!

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous3:10 PM

    Dont do it, Sands! I have same feeling though I have read it one. Move ahead. Its a classic but now so cliched as its been made and remade into all kinds of movies, tv shows etc.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh well! I read a bit of it last night and I really cannot go on. Thank God someone shares the opinion!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my blog. Your comments are welcome and appreciated