May 04, 2010

Joys of Summer

Living on this side of the globe has made me realize what a bliss it is to have summers. For a long part of the year, our region faces nature's fury in the form of snowstorms, ice storms, much much below freezing temperatures. But come the month of May and there is no other place we would rather be. It is lush green everywhere with a sunny warmth and a  touch of breeze. It is seductive to say the least, anyone who visits during summers would want to live here forever. And that's why no guests are allowed in our house over the summers.....just kidding....but you got it, didn't you?
This past Sunday was one such perfect summer day here and we took it all in by being outside in the lawn,Saumya was watering herself  taking care of the plants , savoring juicy red water melon and running around in the lawn. That is all we did. But it was one of those days that stay in my memory forever. The days when none of us is busy and we are just being family, just there. Seeing everyone being joyous and all happy, I decided to surprise Saumya along with my hubby dear with a refreshing summer delight.


                                                                  Mango Lassi


I promised IHM that I will share this recipe, here you go my dear friend.


Here's what all you need to quench your thirst..........
Mango : 1 count
Yogurt : 3/4 cup
Water : 1/2 cup
Sugar : To taste (If you are lucky enough to be in India during mango season, I don't think sugar is needed but elsewhere please adjust it depending on the sweetness of mango)
Here's what you need to do....
Peel and cut the mango. Put everything in the blender and let it run its fury! And there you have it.....Mango Lassi!
Give it a try!

12 comments:

  1. YUMMMMMMM you are making me crave :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. And today my husband said we better get mangoes - we haven't yet this summer. So we make this Mango Lassi tomorrow!! :) Thank You Sandhya!! May you and Saumya enjoy many more such summer days and may she water herself...errr the plants and savour water melons too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Titaxy: Make one, its just mixing few things!
    @IHM: Well then its perfect timing, hope you like it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That sounds easy to make and looks yummy. I am a huge fan of Mangoes :)
    Would love to give it a try next summer as it is Autumn and start of winter at my end :)

    I can imagine how much fun Saumya would have had playing in the garden :)

    Enjoy!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That makes me drool. I am making mango lassi today(with canned mango pulp though :(), despite the fact that summer refuses to come here :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. After all the snow we had this year, it sure does feel good to see the Sun. A bit too much Sun for us here in NC, it reached 96F once! :D

    Great to be back. About Poha idlis, they can be very soft and also very sticky. So oil the mould well before you pour in the batter, enjoy.

    Happy Mother's day!:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sigh... lassi is one of the rare food products I dont like.... :(

    for a change I have a food post I didnt drool as much !!!! But I do love Mangoes and Mango Shakes !!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous9:18 AM

    This reminds me of our kayaking trip last summer in Michigan where we had taken some kachori and mango lassi for food and drink :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. @Chatterbox: Welcome here! Autumn is one of my favorite seasons, enjoy!!
    @Smitha: Do try it! Your wait will end......summer will come, only if for a short visit!
    @Hitchy: I don't like lassi too but this one changed me in its favor!
    @Raja: Kachoris!! My other love!

    ReplyDelete
  10. @Asha: I would take this heat any day over pounding snow! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. That looks yummmm!! I'll surely try this lassi. With Summer setting in with real gusto in this part of the world too, lassi will sure prove divine :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. @Deeps: Give it a try....!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my blog. Your comments are welcome and appreciated