April 12, 2010

D.E.A.R Spring Visitors

Saumya got a surprise visit, not from one but two lady bugs, right in her bedroom! Sunday morning was spent playing with them, counting their dots, talking about their color, wondering how they made inside the house when everything is closed, how come they both were in Saumya's bedroom, did they come to tell her that weather is warm, finally? We girls can talk, can't we! And then we finally bid buh-bye to them. 
















And now on to D.E.A.R, today is Drop Everything And Read day!! I am ready with my stack of books and my reading buddy Saumya. Wait for our report when we reveal what all we dropped to just read, read and read!!

5 comments:

  1. Anonymous10:52 PM

    lovely lady birds... and love the fact that the kid has them in her hands and not scared !!!! my kid loves animals, insects and reptiles alike... though he is really scared of the cockroach and the gecko !!!! :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. the glossy lady birds must have come in search of the li'l lady to add the colors of the season to her life. TEll her this.

    D.E.A.R - waiting for your report. Share with us all the good things you read.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous3:51 PM

    that's a cute post :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous11:37 AM

    Awww Lady birds! :)
    I agree with Hitchwriter, I also love it when kids are raised to love nature, instead of being scared of harmless insects!
    Have a great time reading with your reading buddy!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. @hitchy: I am so scared of animals but insects, I can tackle any kind :-) whenever we eat "dates' (khajoor) Saumya says "we are eating cockroaches!
    I would be running away from a gecko too!
    @asha: That is a pretty thought :-)
    She beat me to the reading race yet again. Will post soon a list we read.
    @IHM: Isn't nature the best teacher?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my blog. Your comments are welcome and appreciated