August 08, 2008

Stuff the bell

Why? So it doesn't ring? I happen to have a love hate relationship with Bell Peppers. I love them combined with paneer and also with mixed vegetables, I like their crunch in pastas and I relish them on pizzas as well but once they are stuffed, they are just stuffed. Then they do not have room for my love. They are too copious for me to jiggle my way through them. Whenever my mom made those stuffed bell peppers, to avoid the whining crazies she would make some paranthas with that same stuffing. Those were the good old days when what to make for dinner wasn't a question for me! Now while eating lunch the question for dinners just keeps nudging me. Sometimes deciding on something that would tickle every one's taste buds is much harder than actually cooking it. I often look around the web to get ideas for dinner. Last night while browsing through Mansi's blog I stumbled on theStuffed Bell Peppers, in spite of them being in my unfriendly zone, the recipe did appeal me and I decided to give these stuffed up individuals another chance. Being little I used to joke about stuffed bell peppers that once you stuff a bell it won't ring and what good is a bell that lost it's ring. Bell peppers lose all their taste once they are stuffed Ma!! And what happened last night? Could the bells ring? They did, as a matter of fact they rang loud and clear. All dinner plates were clear of any bits of dinner at the end of the meal! Thank you Mansi for sharing this wonderful recipe. We relished it with naan bread and onions sprinkled with salt and lemon juice. It was a big hit even with the nay Sayers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by my blog. Your comments are welcome and appreciated