August 18, 2008

Little Pleasures

















Sometimes little things in life itch so bad like that bug bite that you know for sure would go away but can't help scratching it which in turn makes it even bigger of an itch. And these little things are also the ones that bring everyday pleasures and make life worth living. This past Friday, me and my husband achieved a milestone, it's pretty personal, but we still like to share with everyone the knowledge that we have finally reached a place for which the journey was embarked more than seven years ago. I would not say this journey was all pleasant but it can't be called a sordid tale as well. It was a bumpy ride and we got lot's of bruises on the way and now it's over so we can start another one! All is well that ends well. Life goes on, bugs come and go! Friday, August 15 was India's Independence Day also and reaching a milestone that particular day made us feel even more special. Thanks to everyone for the loving wishes.
Now if you are a regular here, you must know by now that my darling husband is a cookies and cake lover. So to celebrate the occasion I baked Coconut Cookies inspired by Mansi.
















I omitted the icing part though. They came out very well, my preschooler got one after her dinner and munching a mouthful she asked "What is this mamma? There is no chocolate, I only like chocolate cookies" and all this while she just couldn't stop eating it! Dad is no different, he loves everything that is baked in the oven and more than any cookie or cake I enjoy the oooh and aaahs these two people shower me with for the food I bring to the table.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by my blog. Your comments are welcome and appreciated