August 26, 2008

Musical Notes

Today when I said bye to my doll at the preschool, she became all teary eyed and ran to me. I didn't know what to say or do because we haven't been in this situation before. She marches into the school all chirpy and cheery and that is what exactly happened today as well but it took a new turn when I was about to depart. She said that she wants to come home with me and even after trying plenty to make my through her thought process I couldn't gather the reason that led us into this emotional fix. I left when she was sobbing while hugging her teacher. I was continually thinking and trying to solve this puzzle. My heart wasn't ready to let my mind rest, the feet were working their way down the school stairs but it seemed as if someone is asking me to turn back and go in and just grab my doll in my arms, where she really wants to be. By the time I reached the car, my vision was cloudy with tears that filled up my eyes. These little droplets never let me down, they behave like my best friend who is always there when I am in an emotional parenting dilemma. I turned the car on and along with that the music got turned on as well. "Do Naina Ek Kahani, Thoda sa Badal, Thoda sa Pani" from the 1984 hit movie masoom. a mother is putting her daughters to bed and singing this beautiful song. I love this song a lot. In my music CD this songs comes right after the famous Lakdi Ki kathi . My daughter listens to it every morning she goes to school and then we turn the music off but today sh insisted on listening to the song that their mamma sings. Through the whole song she didn't say a word, which is unusual for her chatty self! We reached school and I saw her lost in thoughts. Her eyes had that far away expression. I had to, kind of wake her up, to break her thought process and ask her to come out of the car. But I didn't make much of it at that time. On my drive back home from the school, when the song was on, it occurred to me that every time I listen to this beautiful song, I get so gullible for no reason and feel like taking her in my arms. It seemed to have the same impact on my daughter. She wanted to be with me. She understand and speaks lot of Hindi but I am still not sure if she understands the whole song. Was this the reason of the difficult drop off? I cheered myself for solving the mystery but at the same time felt guilt pangs for introducing the tender little heart to such strong emotions.
At pick up time she was her normal cheery self and the moment she stepped in the car, the request to turn the Mamma song came. Again, it made her spellbound and when we reached home, the song wasn't over yet. She asked me to not to turn the car off until the song finishes. So we sat in the garage.
I guess it's time for me to lose that CD now!

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous2:19 PM

    these are really very touching movies they remember us .. as ..old gold days..

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my blog. Your comments are welcome and appreciated