February 05, 2009

Not Simple

Last night, much against my liking, bedtime story that our 4 year old picked up was about Cinderella's simple wedding. One of my friend gifted her this book on her first birthday and I keep telling her that these stories are far from reality and if you are reading something better put your hands on something that keeps you close to ground. The book was hidden somewhere but the girl has such good memory that she made me dig for it. And sometimes I just let it be. So the story was how everyone wants Cinderella to have a fancy and lavish wedding with everything big and elaborate while she is hoping to have a real simple affair which in the end she did get and was very happy.
"Mamma, why was Cinderella getting married?"
"Hmm, because she wanted to get married. Like me and your dad"
"Mamma, will I also get married?"
"Yes, if you want to"
"But you know when I get married, it will not be simple at all. It will be very very special, with everything extra special. Yes, mine will be a fancy wedding"
IHM, in her post talks about how her daughter wants to have a big wedding too, seems there is a wave of fancy in the air!

6 comments:

  1. LOL :) And this is not all, Sandhya as they grow older they also tell us to use our perfumes and jewelery carefully because otherwise there would be nothing left for them ...

    Like Nita, another blogger, says, 'I am a sucker for little girls.' :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are right on that, whenever I buy new shoes, my 4 year old asks me to wear them carefully so when she grows up she gets them in 'perfect' shape!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous8:08 AM

    Lolzz. Sweets Saumya-grow up first!There will come a time when you will say I don't wanna marry just now-mommy please don't make me!(Sandhya-tell her that when she grows up!);)

    ReplyDelete
  4. its just about the wedding they are talking Sandya.so chill ...keep ur heart firm when these kids will soon share their BF`s name :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mithe - That's why I am writing a blog, so she can go back in time and read about herself when she grows up! Nice to see you here after such long pause!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Smi- I will be eager to meet him coz then only we can talk about weddings, right?!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my blog. Your comments are welcome and appreciated