December 31, 2008

Good Bye to 2008

Year 2008 has been full of action for our family. We did an India trip in spring where Saumya bonded with her cousins and all the extended family. We got to saw a side of her that was never displayed before. In India, I got a chance to visit the pink city, Jaipur. Thanks to my husband who made another of my dreams come true.
In June, I started blogging and made so many lovely friends. Reading each and every blog has helped me widen my perspective. And every time a reader left a comment, I got motivated to write more. Thank you for being a part of my life and also for sharing your writings with me.
Right at the start of summers I got to buy the car of my dreams, My Beetle, and I am loving every moment I am getting to drive it. A big thanks to my love for making this happen.
Before summers could end we got our permanent residency papers approved.
In Fall, our daughter Saumya took a big step and started her formal education in school which follows Maria Montessori's Follow the Child theory.

Now when the year was just about to end, a very dear blogger friend of mine Mithe, has bestowed me with an award!! She is a thoughtful writer and I find her words very very soothing. Follow the link to her blog and you will be hooked.
This award holds a special place in my heart because she made it herself. A big thank you for the lovely honour!! This is a perfect end to a great year I had!

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous5:59 AM

    why dont you named guria to your lovely daughter :-) she also looks like guria ... Wish u a vary happy and loving new year to loving sister...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous- Thank you for your lovely words and wishes. A very Happy New Year to you as well!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous8:12 AM

    Oy! thats so sweet...I am sure you will be disappointed in my newest post then(lolz)-its really heavy! First time I wrote something so sad...do read it! And thank you g!-you are my Sweet sweet friend too (and through you Soumya of course).Happy New Year....may the next year be as good as this one

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my blog. Your comments are welcome and appreciated