July 01, 2008

To each his own

With all due respect I would like to be an audacious brat today. You are being forewarned. Thank you. Since we got that settled, here we go…
Yesterday was a very big day, it wasn’t being a nice mom day and it wasn’t being a nice wife day. It was a day that made me realize that I am not just a mom; I am I, a person of my own self. It was a day when I didn’t belong to anyone, when my delight wasn’t vicarious. The bliss was in me, I was feeling it, touching it, living it. The desire was mine, the fruition was mine and the felicities of it belonged to me. My dear husband presented the bug, the buggy, the dune, my dream car VW Beetle. This car, and me it wasn’t a love at first sight. Gradually, it worked its charm and turned my indifference into affection. Few years back I couldn’t understand how a car can enamor someone. Beetle did it for me. Cruising it out of the dealership and then on the road on the way home, I just couldn’t hide my pleasure. I wanted to open the windows and shriek with joy and let everyone know that I am living my dream, right here right now. And it seems that the grin on my face is going to be fixated for a while, coz it just doesn’t seem to depart.
While putting my preschooler to sleep, I asked her what was the best part of the day and she said “Walking on water in the pool”. To each his own!

3 comments:

  1. Kewl!! Enjoy!
    I bought a Nissan Rogue fully loaded few months ago. Smell of the new car, divine!!:D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations to you on the new car! I kept on asking my husband "can we sleep in the garage tonite!"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous10:41 PM

    I think this is a very cool car, congrats! Make sure you get a flower holder and a flower.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my blog. Your comments are welcome and appreciated