December 05, 2008

Health Call


Saumya and her grandma having a chat over the phone.

Saumya: Namastey Dadima! Kaise ho aap? (Hello grandma, how are you?)

Dadima: Namastey beta, khoob bade ho jao, khush raho, bahut pyaar. Main Bilkul theek hoon. Aaj ek b'day party per gayee thee. (Hello child! God bless you, lots of love. I am fine, went to a b'day party today.)

Saumya: Kya khaya aapne wahan? (what did you eat there?)

Dadima: Oh, maine bahut khaya Puri, aloo sabzi, palak paneer, kheer, cake, rice, raita. Bahut sara kha liya maine. (Oh, I ate a lot, Infact I ate too much)

Saumya: Itna sara kyon khaya, pehli hi moti ho aur bhi moti ho jaogi. Unhealthy ho jayegi aapki body. (Why ate so much? You are fat already and will become even more. Your body will be very unhealthy.)

Dadima: Oh!! Ab kya karun? (Now what should I do?)

Saumya: Exercise kero! (Do exercise)

Dadima: Mujhey to nahi ata exercise kerna! ( I don't know how to do it.)

Saumya: Walk kerni aati hai na? Wo kero. ( I am sure you know how to walk, do that!!)

Dadima: OK!!

Saumya: Jab main India aoangi to sikhaungi exercise kerna. Dadu ko bhi keho walk kerney ke liye. Bahut unhealthy ho rahe ho aap log! (When I come to India I will teach you how to exercise. Tell grandpa to walk as well. You guys are becoming way too unhealthy!)

Dadima: ahem......um...ok.

Saumya: Ab main phone rakhti hoon. ( And here I end the call)

and we heard both grandparents going in fits of laughter at the other end of the line. I am sure they didn't take any lesson the little soul was parting and must have gained a few pounds with the extreme happiness drawn out from the conversation.



image courtsey: http://tell.fll.purdue.edu

6 comments:

  1. Anonymous12:10 AM

    Good one!lolzzz.She is already showing signs of becoming a health conscious mom, isn't she-lolzzz?

    By the way, I liked your template.It's brighter still! Just see if you can shift the bloglist to the right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is really very particular about what she eats, sometimes we are ashamed of the food we have on our plate in front of her!!

    Thnx, this is a fixed template, cannot be changed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahahahaha!! Clever child indeed, adorable!!

    That advice should go to me, I am plump as well!! Just waiting 10 more years to become a grandma and then I will get that as well!!!!!! :D

    Btw, I think gradmas should always be little plump. I remember hugging my own ajji, she was so soft and cuddly to hug like big cozy blanket, brings back sweet memories! :))

    Just saw your comment there, replied. Enjoy the new floor. Have a wonderful new year celebration, see you next year. Hugs to both of you, God bless! :))

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey A!! It is so nice to see you here!! Welcome back.
    I totally am with you on that!! My mom is on the plump side and I remember I used to tell her "Mamma, never lose this, never try to lose weight, I love you just like this!"

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous9:38 AM

    Ah - fitness instructor! Dadima beware! :)


    you've been awarded

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beware for sure!!
    justanothermommy I have been awarded? Thanks but where??:-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my blog. Your comments are welcome and appreciated