September 25, 2008

Apple Trouble

Today was my turn to volunteer at my daughter's school. I was in the library, reading story to kids and helping them check out the books. I was a bit apprehensive about how would Saumya behave with me around. But it went very well. She gave me such a naughty smile while listening to the story. Being around with kids in a school setting reminded me of the time when I was a kindergarten teacher. How the little ones want to touch you, just be near you. Whatever you say are the golden words for them and the ones, who look like non listening are actually grasping every bit and reproduce it at home for their parents. We read a story Apple Trouble Hedgehog has finished building a cozy nest for winter. Unfortunately, a ripe apple falls from the tree above and gets stuck in her spines, making it impossible for her to fit in her new digs. She has several friends to whom she can go for advice, but their instructions simply make her situation worse. She ends up with other bits and pieces stuck to her body in addition to the apple -- including nuts, a pear, a dried leaf, and some berries. Then she meets another animal that is able to ease her situation by eating everything stuck to her. It was a very cute story! Then we did an activity where children were asked to put the pictures of things that fell on the hedgehog in a sequence.
I am thankful to the school for letting me be a part.

image courtesy http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51m750W3D2L._SS400_.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by my blog. Your comments are welcome and appreciated