July 16, 2008

Sky is not the limit

It was one of those days when answer to everything is a no, a big fat NO. The preschooler loathed being inside the house but didn’t want to go outside. Every proposition brought to the table was rejected even before I could finish putting it forward.It reminded me of that Municipal Committee in India that used to patrol the illegally setup sidewalk shops. With duly paid bribes the vendors would be doing business peacefully and then with a newly appointed senior person who wants to put up a power show of his newly acquired muscle, there would be an uproar “Committee is here, committee is here”, clothes meant to be sold would be snatched away, vegetables would be filled up in committee’s van to be distributed later among the members. All the cries of already paid ‘dues’ would fall on deaf ears and in matter of minutes the sidewalks bursting with business would go back to being just plain barren sidewalks! Each and every suggestion in my portfolio got ditched and I was back to being a precarious sidewalk vendor who was robbed off his brisk business, that of being a cool mom who can think of solutions to every problem and bring cheer to the grumpiest face. Thwarted and pondering over the next course of action I looked outside the window at the sky and diligently yearned for a silver lining in the clouds. And there it was, shining down upon us. “Hey Mamma, what are you doing?” “Nothing, I am just looking at the sky” “Are you finding something in the sky?” Ahem, the fish seems enticed by the bait this time! “I am trying to find but all I see is clouds and nothing else” “Oh, do you need help? I am a helpful girl, I can help you find something in the sky”. Bingo!!

“Mamma look, there’s a turtle in the sky!”
















“And see, a Lion roaring up there Mamma!”
















“Hey I see a Sea Horse also!”
















“Oh my, a crocodile, I am scared mamma!”
















“Hey look, there even a train engine there, with seats for two people and steam coming out!”




















Mamma, what an interesting place the sky is! That was so much fun. And just like the perseverant sidewalk vendors, I too, was back in business!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by my blog. Your comments are welcome and appreciated