June 16, 2010

If You Cook ...........

If you cook Aloo Gobhi  for dinner,
                           the family will probably want Paranthas to go with it
If you give them Paranthas,
                          they might ask for Boondi Raita with it,
If you give them Boondi Raita,
                         you will have too many bowls, along with the pan, plates and spoons, to put in the dishwasher.
If you put all the dishes in the dishwasher,
                         you will have to clean the sink and the counter and then unload that dishwasher.
If you unload the dishwasher,
                        you will have empty dishes.
Along with those empty dishes, people who ate that Aloo Gobhi with Paranthas and Boondi Raita,
                        will be back for more Subzi Roti.
And chances are if you give them more food,
                        they will ask for more things to go with it.
If you give them more things to eat
                          There will be more dirty bowls and plates,
If there are more dirty dishes,
                           It will lead you to the dishwasher again.
                          
              So I decided not to cook and let these people eat cereal for dinner.



Inspired by children's book If You Give A Mouse A Cookie

15 comments:

  1. ROFL. Good choice :D easy way out :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha.ha.ha so true..it happens all the time.
    The worst being, when I cook soup+main course + a cake, hubby reckons he wants to eat out that night.
    This has actually happened on more than one occasion and later in the night he'll heat and eat all that was cooked to be eaten for dinner.

    Loved that picture :D :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL!!!... Go Girl Go!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha ha ha .. awesome Sands :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL....best way to go about!! Way to go, sands;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh yes! I do that once in a while ;) It is the same story everywhere :)

    You know, yesterday, I decided not to be mean, and made veg manhurian, as a treat for husband - he loves it and he comes home at 9:30 and tells me that he ate sandwiches- because they tasted so good!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yeah! Story of our life, it seems! :D
    Love that poster, doesn't work with my hungry teenagers. You know what they will do? Get the car out, go to Wendy's, use credit card and eat to their to hearts content and bring me food too! ;P

    ReplyDelete
  8. :) :) :)
    I have a similar what do call that a pin up..! it says, I've never met a chocolate I never liked :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous3:11 PM

    :) I do that sometimes too :) Everybody needs a break, and sometimes one must initiate the process of the break-taking :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sands please please tell me where you got that from? I will hang it outside my apartment building itself so that the hubby doesn't say "ohh we would have gone out to dinner only if I knew it before entering the home and see the sofa"

    too good sobs...Hugss my sister in dish washing!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So sister-in-dish-washing's sister... where are you?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lol! That was funny! :D

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sands, where r u?

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm afraid wify might turn like this in a few years :-p

    ReplyDelete
  15. ROFL! love this!!!! And ain't that the truth!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my blog. Your comments are welcome and appreciated