March 18, 2009

Preschool Breakfast chit chat

Mamma, What are you doing ?

Packing your lunch.

But what are you doing ?!

But I am packing your lunch!!!

What part of lunch packing are you doing at this time??

I am making Rava Idli batter.

Oh, I like Idlis. What part of making the batter are you doing now?

I am doing the tarka of mustard, dal and cashews . ( why doesn't she just eat her breakfast?)

Why are you doing that?

What? What do you mean by that question? (Oh great, now she questions my cooking skills!! )

Why do we do tarka?

It gives nice flavor to idlis and you will like the bite when it brings sweet cashew and nutty mustard in your mouth!!

Yes, I think I will like that. Can you tell me the recipe??

Of????

Of Idli !

To you?

Yes, so I can make them whenever I want and you know I love to cook.

7 comments:

  1. LOL! Whoa! A budding cook! Do tell her in detail, you never know.You could have a future Tarla Dalal in your house! Wish Trisha would ask those q's. NEVER happened!
    She just lists what she wants and I tell her, you better learn, I am not going to be around forever! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Asha, after coming back from school, she said, "Ok Now can you tell me the recipe before you forget" LOL
    I was like Trisha, I never asked mum how she made things, just kept pestering her with food demands!

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha... maybe you can tell her the recipe and relax.. she will cook for you!! :) how cute!! mine only has atrocious demands.. but so did I!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awwww that child is the definition and an example for precocious :)

    And you obviously cook in a way that she makes her feel it's fun, I hated cooking as a kid and made sure my kids saw me enjoying it, so they also enjoy cooking and thankfully they both do...

    I love the taste of cashewnut and mustard in rawa idli :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Preethi- I was like that too, was never interested in cooking till I got married :-)
    IHM- So nice to see you here!! Thank you for you lovely words. I hated cooking too as a kid, maybe because in India I had to learn to cook as a girl and that didn't go too well with me :-). I am planning to make a family recipe book for Saumya, to which she can go on adding.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thats shoo cute..kids are so spontaneous and unpredicatble!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous12:52 AM

    Great na! She is really a budding cook and am sure she will cook well...her mom does and these things are in the genes...they say:)
    Hey, there was something wrong with the followers tab in your blog. I never deleted my name from your followers list...I don't know what happened. this new friend connect thing is driving me crazy!
    Anyways. I have followed you again:)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my blog. Your comments are welcome and appreciated