October 03, 2008

Stuck!

On my way to pick up my daughter from school yesterday I got stuck in traffic. There was road construction crew scraping the road to make a new one. A 10 minute ride took me 35 minutes.So while coming back I decided to take a detour and I was expecting to have a smooth ride through that alternate route and I couldn't have been more wrong. I told my daughter about the road repair on our usual road and to her as well it appeared only logical to go another way. Once we were on the different road here's what followed

Saumya: Why are you going this way?!!
Mamma: I just told you about the construction on our everyday route.
Saumya: Does this road go our home?
Mamma: Yes it does.
Saumya: Do you know the way from here?
Mamma: Yes honey I do.
Saumya: How do you know?
Mamma: I have used this way before coming from somewhere else.
Saumya: Why did you use this way coming from somewhere else?

Oh my, this is what is called being stuck! I got irked by this time.

Mamma: Because that was the only way at that time!
Saumya: Why are they repairing the road there?
Mamma: Because it's broken and needs to be fixed.
Saumya: Why is it broken? 
Mamma: With a lot of use things break and need to be fixed.
Saumya: Will this road also break?
Mamma: Yes.
Saumya: Then what will we do?
Mamma: Then we will use the one that is fixed.
Saumya: How will we know?
Mamma: I know the area so we will find another way.
Saumya: Why do so many roads go towards our home?
Mamma: So we can reach home no matter where we are coming from.
Saumya: Why do we go different places?
Mamma: ummm....?
Saumya: Do you think they are done repairing now?

As I drove into the driveway, a sigh of relief came out, thank god it's over! Was it really?

Saumya: Why did you make that sound?

Oh please, I know you are a curious little individual and I love you  but please do not question my sighs!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by my blog. Your comments are welcome and appreciated