August 19, 2010

The Storyteller

Every night, Saumya, our 5 year old tries to find ways to keep awake for just few more minutes. That is the time when she would ask questions that would need long answers. She knows her parents love to satisfy her curiosity, so it works pretty well in her favor. I only end up realizing her tactic in the middle of my answers :-)
After the story time tonight, she offered to tell me a story but "with no book, mama, it will be my own story", the parent in me wanted to say no to maintain discipline while the curious  parent in me was so eager to listen. Obviously the curiosity won over discipline like every other night!! 

So here goes a story made by her in "own" words.

The Cow and The Crow
Once there was a crow and a cow.
The crow was sitting on a tree branch and was saying "Cow Cow!! Cow Cow!!"
So the cow got up from the grass and walked over to the tree where this crow was sitting and asked , "Yes, what is it? Why did you call me?"
Crow was surprised and said , " Well I didn't call you!!"
Cow looked upset and said , "You were just yelling Cow Cow, weren't you?"
Crow said with a smile, "That's the way I talk you silly!!"
And the crow laughed and while saying cow cow he flew away from the tree branch and the cow just stood there wondering.
The End.


8 comments:

  1. aww...

    a silly cow, indeed, for not knowing that how a crow talks :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha ha, super cool story Saumya :) Yeh dil maange more :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous6:03 AM

    That was so sweet :D
    I liked the story for the smart way Saumya tried to link the way the crow talks to the cow :)
    Silly cow indeed :D
    Welcome back Sandhya, so good to read a post from you :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hee Saumya is one charming story teller :) Loved the way she linked the crow talk to the Cow..err hope am making sense?

    What a silly cow indeed! should have concentrated on eating the grass rather than answering crank calls i tell ya ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really loved it.If she hasn't heard some thing like that before,there is a story teller in her.I wish she grows up to become a good story writer and a kind human being.
    There is some thing hidden in that story.It is about " going uninvited" to places. Don't you see that? And then,don't answer, if you are not asked,like what I am doing now !

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loved goin thru both ur blogs .
    Nice to know that u have roots in Delhi !!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous1:18 AM

    :-) a @->-->--> to Saumya.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful for a five year old to come up with such a good story. As she is eight by now, wonder how many stories she would have shared with you. I am the first time visitor to your blog.

    This story reminded me of the experience shared by my friends when they came to Hyderabad for the first time and were settling in a new job. My friends mistook the shouts, "kamaan, kamaan", of autowallahs in Hyderabad for "Come..on, come..on" and they used to wonder why these autowallahs call them to board the auto!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my blog. Your comments are welcome and appreciated