October 18, 2009

Diwali.....


Our Diwali was a simple affair celebrated at home with mithai and candles everywhere. Saumya and me did the rangoli. Hope all of you had a lovely time with family and friends.
While relaxing in my lap, after getting tired of eating all the sweets and running around in excitement of lighting up every nook and corner of the house, Saumya had a worrying expression. "Mamma do big people lose teeth?" This was her 4Th or 5Th question since morning revolving around teeth, my mom instinct sprung up and I asked "Saumya, do you have a lose tooth?" The little cute face nodded yes and tears rolled down those Rosy cheeks. While giving me the tightest hug ever, in her little crying voice she said "When this falls out, I will have a hole in the mouth for months. I read about it" But when I told her that this loose tooth means she is growing up and her mouth is getting ready for a grown up tooth now, it became a time for jubilation!
She went to bed happy and anxiously waiting for the time when the little baby pearl with fall out. And I went to bed crying buckets of tears. My baby is growing up so fast. Every little milestone brings two sided emotions. Its gratifying to see her growing up but its scares me, it makes me realize how fast we are getting there when I will be waving her bye with a heavy heart and teary eyes. The day when there will be silence everywhere in the house, no questions will be asked, no tears to wipe, when no one will forget to turn off the lights, when no one will need 100 kisses at night, when no one will need to listen to bed time story. Its only a loose tooth but this one loose tooth told me that we are making memories today, we are an active part of them today but very soon we will only be left with memoirs.

6 comments:

  1. oh dear!you made tears roll down my cheeks.well written.holds true for all the mothers having daughters!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous8:39 AM

    Now you made me cry! But such a day doesn't come and it's not sadness but joy you will feel when she actually leaves for a bigger, a little distant milestone.

    The little baby will become a friend and confidant! She will discuss clothes, crushes, career, her dreams, her favourite celebrity and a spot on her face with you.

    I think the best part of having a daughter is, she is your daughter all her life.

    Two bloggers I know-Prerna and Anju Gandhi, both were introduced to blogging by their daughters!

    Let me get you a delightful link from Usha Pisharody's blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous11:40 AM

    Aww...they grow up so fast. Memories are important and they will remember all this as part of nostalgia. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Preeti, I don't think only girls go away, its the same for boys too. So buckle up missy!
    @IHM: you said it! I already feel as if she is my friend. She has already started discussing so many things with me as if we are great buddies! I know you have a beautiful relationship with your daughter, I do wish to be in that place one day.
    @mesoliloquy: well said!
    Love to see you all here:-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm a young boy and reading your blog help me know, how I grown up...

    When I'll get marry, I'll do the same for my children...

    So that they'll have memories for their lifetime and they would better know and remeber their childhood ....

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's a beautiful rangoli!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my blog. Your comments are welcome and appreciated