July 24, 2009

Story Time

Thanks to all the reading we do to our 4 year old, she is now becoming a story teller. She can whip a story in seconds. Where ever we are what ever we are doing, one of us just needs to say "Saumya, tell us a story, will ya?" You would barely finish your sentence and the story is already starting. Yesterday afternoon, both of us were on bed and I requested her to tell me a story. She was facing the bedroom entrance and a night lamp was near her. And here it goes.....

"There lived a lamp and a door. So they thought of having some fun. They thought and thought and after a lot of thinking they decided to have a Treat Party!!

"What is a treat party?"

Mama, its a party where we don't eat any healthy food, only treats.

So the door said alright I will get the table and the lamp said I will get pretty dishes and cups and bowls for the treat party. And then they brought candy, chocolate donuts and ice creme. Mama, do you want them to bring anything else to the party?

And my Indian tongue started rolling "Oh yeah pakoda, samosa, chaat, gol gappas......."

"Ok, mamma, we can bring anything as long as its unhealthy" !!!

So with the party and all its work, it took a long time to set up and there came night time. So the lamp said "I am getting switched off, its night now, time to sleep"
And the door said "Yeah, I am also getting closed"

THE END.

5 comments:

  1. That was so cute!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous1:06 PM

    This girl is brilliant! I am glad you are recording Saumya's stories. Loved this story, and was in splits at treat party and at the lamp switching off and the door closing!

    Maybe you do not just have a future business woman, but also a future author here!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. me too simply loved the ending and then the way she says THE END is priceless! Thanks for dropping by IHM.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sweeeet! My first time in your blog and this is awesome cute :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my blog. Your comments are welcome and appreciated