May 25, 2010

On The Podium Now: Our Guest Blogger

The author of this blog is currently suffering from writer's (as if !!) block, We have been fortunate that Miss Saumya has graciously offered to fill in. Yay!!
            First things first : Miss Saumya wants the readers to know and keep this in mind that she is 5 years old and not "old" like her Mom, so please be extra kind. Also, Saumya will be dictating and mom will be typing. Ahem!
                          I will be telling you about my day. You do want to know about it, right? Alright here we go :-)
                             Beep Beep Beep: Beep Beep Beep: There goes my castle alarm clock and I quickly jump out of the bed to turn it off, otherwise mama comes rushing to my bedroom to see why I am not waking up!! Sometimes it becomes hard to turn it off because I am holding pinku in my other hand. Oh, I didn't tell you about Pinku yet! Its my sleeping buddy since I was 18 months old, Mama told me that.  Do you know what color it is?  It is Pink, you silly!!! That's why its name is Pinku!! Hehehehehe!
                            So after I turn my castle alarm clock off, you know its a pretty clock and is not very loud, I like it, it helps me wake up without anyone's help, so after I turn it off, I put Pinku on the chair. It stays in that chair all day and I only hold it again at bedtime. Sometimes I make it wear my baby clothes and then it looks just like me when I was a baby. Only I didn't have a bear face! That would be funny because I am a girl!! Hehehehehe. And after putting Pinku in the chair I run to Mama and Daddy's bedroom and then Mama hugs me and gives me lots of kisses and we say Good Morning to each other. And then I surprise daddy with a pucchi (Kiss) while his eyes are closed! It is so much fun :-) and he always asks for more, more and more. But Mama tells me that I am getting late. So I go to the bathroom and do "hehehehehehe" (added by mama: the author is not sure if you want to know about her bathroom routine, i guess we will skip. yes, You are welcome) I brush my teeth and wash myself. Bathroom is so much fun, I look out the window at the birds, the trees and our lawn and our neighbor's house but then Mama comes and says I need to hurry up, Jaldi Karo, Jaldi Karo!!! So I quickly go to my bedroom and wear my school clothes that Mama and me took out the night before, right after the story time. I get ready and then I choose which socks to wear. When its hot I wear short socks and when its warm I wear medium socks and when its cold I wear socks that go all the way up, up up!! And then I do my hair. My hair is so short now its no fun but it does make me get ready quickly. Then I go downstairs and sit on a chair and drink milk. Sometimes I drink it so quick that I ask Mama "why didn't you give me any milk and why did you give me a dirty glass?" I love asking this but when I am slow, Mama tells me I can't ask this question.  Sometimes I eat a fruit after the milk and sometimes I say I am already too full. Then I wash my face. I am super quick on many days and then after drinking milk I get time to read a book. I read and read and read while mama packs my lunch. One day I want to pack my own lunch and I will be a chef when I grow up and that is why I keep "observing" mama when she is doing it. She told me that I can learn to do things if I observe. So I observe. But sometimes Mama gets upset when I ask her a lot of questions about my lunch.
                              Then I wear my shoes, mama puts on sunscreen on me and I put on my sunglasses because I have to protect my eyes from the harmful rays of the sun and then I go sit in the car and buckle my car seat. Then Mama drives me to school. One day I will be old enough to drive myself to school and then Mama will sit in the back. It will be so much fun!! Mama is a good driver, she drives safely and that is why I observe her while driving so I can be a safe driver. Then we reach school and Mama drops me at the classroom door and says bye. I shake hands with Ms.C and put my lunch bag away and take off my outdoor shoes and wear my indoor shoes. Then we have circle when Ms .C tells us news of the day. Then I do writing but sometimes it just takes me so long that I cannot do anything else. I think I need to switch my coloring, which I do super fast with my writing which is very slow. Then it will be good. And then I chose work like fruit cutting, chair washing, sewing buttons, addition stamp game, math beads, math chains, metal insets, I made a huge metal inset quilt with my friend R. It was really huge and took us many days to finish. I also work on the easel, do maps, sort animals in their continents, sort animals in water bodies. There is a lot of work in my classroom and I can chose to do what I want. We go out also and that is the best time at school!! When I don't know who to play with I just run around in circles, it is super fun. 
                              Then Mama comes to pick me up. On the way I tell her about my day but sometimes I want to be quiet. Once home, mama gives me a bath and I get to see all the sand running down my body, as if my head is a sand box....hehehe!!
                 Then I eat fruits and my favorite in summers is watermelon. It is so water.......hey maybe that's why they call it water melon. Hehehehe!!  Then Mama and me play games. Bingo, Zingo, Scrabble, Blokus, Set.............. I love them all and I do not get sad when I lose. I say "Grashulations" to mama for winning and she hugs me tight and when I win, mama is also happy. Then I read, read and read. I like reading encyclopedia, about earth, about planets, about  my body.  One day I will go to space with mama. I will be an Astronaut. After this I water the plants indoors and also outdoors but only when the weather is good and I can be outside. Then its dinner time. I eat food and mama drinks her tea. After this we sometimes go out, we look for lady bugs and we walk to the lake to see the Geese and ducks, sometimes I see otters also in the water! Then Its time for me to brush and floss my teeth and then its story time when Mama or daddy read to me! Sometimes I let them chose the book also. Then Mama checks next day's weather and we take out clothes for school. We give lots of hugs and kisses and say good night, subah milengey (meet you in the morning).

Hehehehe....

13 comments:

  1. That was the sweetest post ever, Saumya! You are one smart little girl! Do tell your mama that we want to see more guest posts from you :)

    Hugs!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, finally we get to hear from the star herself. How so wonderful! :) Your day sounds like a lot of fun...thanks for sharing, darling. And I wish you many many more days filled with joy!!! hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow!that was one sweet post to start my morning with.
    You are a star Saumya,smart,quick,observant and very energetic.

    Your school sounds so much fun, in your next post do share the picture of the inset quilt you made with your friend.

    You are one clever cutie, loved your prank about drinking milk real quick.

    Can't wait to hear more stories from your wonderland :)

    --hugs--

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous10:22 PM

    Saumya, that was a very charming and engaging guest post! I hope you will give your mom a break from writing more often and share with us more details from your interesting life!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hee :) I went back to my childhood days..
    So sweet saumya :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aww Sands, we luv ur guest. She is soo soo sweet .... just like u and some more :)
    Thanks for a peek into ur world Saumya. Cn I hv a pic of Pinku plss :D I hv Brownie with me .. know his colour :P Brown ... he he he :) :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. That was such a sweet post, Saumya. Thank you for giving us a peek of your life through those engaging words. Really enjoyed the read.

    You are an adorable girl :). And yes do tell your mama she can take rest as much as she wants so long as you can treat us to many more posts like this.

    BTW, has your mama clicked any photographs of your craftwork? If so, could you ask her to share some with us here?

    Lots of hugsie to you and your Pinku :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cute post.

    Makes me want to discuss something with my wife ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Saumya am I so so sad that I couldn't meet up with you before leaving MA? How I wish I could have played with you and pinku? does Pinku bite??

    I think you have been observing very well how Mama blogs coz you have done an excellent job in writing this post. Hi5!!

    You drink milk superfast? You should have given Saman a lecture on this. He gobbles up food but is very very lazy to drink milk..says he doesn't wnat to grow up soon.

    You work so hard in school. Atta girl! Don't bother about writing fast as this is the time you need to have more fun than concentrate on your studies...psst...psst..don't let mama read this ok?

    Give Mama a vacation and take over this space will ya? hugsssssssss

    ReplyDelete
  10. Heh, I liked running around in circles -- you need to teach us how to do that :-)))

    ReplyDelete
  11. @Smitha: Thank you!! I will.
    @Titaxy: I like your name...hehehe.
    @Chatterbox: I like your name, its funny...hehe, I will bring the quilt home and then show you a picture.
    @MM: I will, thank you.
    @Shilpa: :-)
    @Sawaram: Brownie, do you feel like eating it because I eat brownies :-)
    @Deeps: I will show you my crafts, mama has pictures.
    @Raja: Ok
    @Sakshi: NO. Pinku doesn't bite, its not a real bear you silly! Mamma did the typing. I told mama that you are asking me not to read this and she said she already did. She knows everything.
    @Giribala: Its easy, just run and while doing that go round and round.
    Hugs to everyone.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Anonymous1:18 PM

    This is such an innocent and sweet post. Pass my appreciation to Soumya:) Hope to read more from the young author :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. @Ajay: Welcome here!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my blog. Your comments are welcome and appreciated