June 01, 2009

Why are babies lovely

On a Sunday evening, family is having tea time watching Hindi TV, that's what my daughter calls Zee TV as that's the only Indian channel we get here. I am getting all nostalgic because they are showing a synopsis of HUM AAPKE HAIN KAUN, with few scenes and lots of songs. And then comes the songs "Pehla Pehla Pyaar Hai, Pehli Pheli Baar Hai



The couple keeps going around the room while Salman sings and Madhuri blushes all the time. I am enjoying every moment of it when I hear a 4 year old voice

"WHAT ARE THEY DOING?!!!!"

No, I do not deliver a smart parent answer rather I get in a fit of laughter which no matter how hard I try to stop, just keeps going. 4 year old gets agitated and keeps on repeating "WHAT ARE THEY DOING??!"
With no answer from me, she concludes he is giving her love.

Host of the show abruptly shows up and talks a bit and then shows another scene where Salman is sitting with a baby in his lap.

This time the 4 year old says "Mamma, dekho, wo pyar ker rahe thhey na pehley, ab baby nikal pada. Isliye hi to babies itni pyarey hotey hain" !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Translation : Mamma, see they were giving love to each other and now they have a baby. That's why babies are so lovely coz they are made with love.

3 comments:

  1. LOL! She is so right too. Loving parents always have lovely children, Just like her!

    Even I can't answer when my kids ask why and how are they going to Europe to sing and come back to India on the same day!! ;P

    Enjoy and have fun, see you in Fall. Trying to spend as much time as possible with my little girl although she will be 100 miles away. She will not be home much after that and that's how it should be of course! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your daughter is super smart. I couldn't draw this conclusion till I reached 7th standard that children are born because their parents love each other a lot. :)

    TC.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ketan, welcome to the blog! Kids have an explanation for everything :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my blog. Your comments are welcome and appreciated