July 02, 2010

My Sins Against Gender Stereotypes

My blog guru Indian Home Maker has started this fun fun tag which has created a storm on the blog world with everyone tagging each other with it! I have been tagged by the guru herself  as well as SmithaThe tag is called ‘My Sins against Gender-Stereotypes’. And you must tag twelve blogging friends or else you will be cursed to wear blue clothes pants if you are a woman and pink shirts if you are a man – for next twelve years.
Though I love color blue and really no matter how much you love a color you don't want to wear the same thing for 12 years!! So here we go with my sins......

  1. I have been told by many 'traditional' people "bilkul ladkon wala utsaah hai" (she has the zeal and excitement of a boy) 
  2. I love driving
  3. I would rather read than gossip.
  4. I do not like the parties where men and women just want to sit in  separate areas. My idea of party is not gossip and recipe sharing. 
  5. I can troubleshoot my appliances, computers and phones on my own.
  6. I really enjoy and look forward to having beer and wine. (ghor paap!!)
  7. I am the appointed bug killer at home and I feel good about it!
  8. I do not like chocolates.
  9. I do not like stories about princesses.
  10. I enjoy turning around furniture all over the house. Many a times, husband comes home to find the whole setup changed. 
  11. I have a much better sense of direction than many men I know.
  12. being docile isn't my cup of tea.
  13. Do not like to watch soaps on TV, my favorite channel is National Geographic and Discovery.
  14. I am the first one to get ready in our family.
  15. I enjoy reading instructions and assembling things.
  16. Doing pujas is not my thing at all, I would do anything to avoid them.
It seems I got so late picking up the tag because everyone around seems to have been tagged already. 
I tag

14 comments:

  1. LOL. So with u on 10 :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ditto #2, 3 and 4. Enjoyed reading yours...thanks for tagging :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ghor paap no doubt Sandhya, but you are not alone in your paap, you have sisters in sinning :) So many of your sins had me grin with 'ladkon wala utsaah' :)

    4 and 5 strike a chord, my idea of party isn't gossiping and sharing recipes either! And I love going through instructions manual and I trouble shoot on my own too. I don't do pooja either, I need no pooja to keep me kind and good.

    But all this still makes you a SAGS - a sinner against gender stereotypes. Only thing is you aren't alone, you have sisters in sinning at Sinners Against Gender Stereotypes (SAGS)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved the way you wrote 'ghor paap'!!! hee hee

    ReplyDelete
  5. Same pinch for so many of your points :)
    Loved reading your tag, Sandhya!
    2, 4 - I so hate such parties!! Even more when the men get to chitchat while the women are expected to cook/reheat stuff in the kitchen!
    5 ,6 - I like wine, can't stand the smell of beer, 7, 9 - do you know how to de-addict my daugher from those princess tales :(
    12, 11- so so like me!
    15, 16 - me too!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Err please say that you will at least stock chocolates while am visiting you. Poor chocolates why discriminate them in the name of gender? such a divine thing...sobs

    Lolz at ladko wala utsaah...something for which I was always scolded.

    Ohh yeah I can run like a cheetah if I am called for Puja.

    IHM has made us all confess our sins...sobs!

    Thanks a ton for tagging me...will do it soon, if something is left to write abt :(

    ReplyDelete
  7. @Sakshi - So now it seems beer is ghor paap and chocolate is divine?

    ReplyDelete
  8. IHM I don't care what Beer is but please don't say a word against chocolates as I can't live without it even for a single day...sobs. The husband is planning to send me to rehab to kick this habit and if he reads you telling chocolate is ghor paap then am gone case.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey just stumbled across your blog and was mighty impressed, i really appreciate your writing style and I am looking to feature good writers on my blog,If you are curious maybe drop in sometome http://www.wittyjester.com/p/want-to-be-featured.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. oops...I've been tagged already, and my post is up! Does that mean you'll have to wear blue for 12 years? :P

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ahh point number 9 to be noted ....

    ReplyDelete
  12. Anonymous10:53 AM

    Your tag has been picked up

    ReplyDelete
  13. Good one.. :D Lets redefine the gender stereo type.. shall we??

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm with you on 10 and 15! I'm always getting restless with the set up at home, and always want to be the one to assemble something something new.
    Fn new things to learn about you!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my blog. Your comments are welcome and appreciated