September 02, 2009

I Think Therefore I Am


Saumya, Our chirpy little 4 year old is thinking, thinking a lot these days. And what do you have when you think a lot? Questions, a lot of questions.

Why are we born?
I don't understand why do we come in this world. What have we come here to do?
Mamma, remember the time I had my dance recital? I got all dressed up, went up on stage, did my performance and then came back home. Remember that??
Sometimes I feel the world is like that. We get ready in mamma's belly to come in the world, we are born, we become something, we grow old and then we die to go back to God.
Isn't it like my show mamma?

But I still wonder why was the world made, it might as well be nothing.
Also, how was it decided that people will live in houses and animals will live in jungles?

image courtesy:http://www.awarenessdates.com
http://www.rohanbusinesssolutions.com/

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous2:41 PM

    Oh my God Sandhya this child is amazing!!!! What deep, deep questions!!! Where do they get these thoughts from?!!!

    My warmest hugs to Saumya.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Exact same topic here. D is fascinated with the concept of birth and terrified with the concept of death. Makes me wonder if this is a phase 4-5 year old go through.. Only thing is that I find it very difficult to give a convincing answer most of the time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. yar cute blog site

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my blog. Your comments are welcome and appreciated